Skills Development Programme
Are you interested in improving your swimming skills? If so, we have a programme designed to cater for potential talented swimmers from swim schemes having achieved National Plan for Teaching of Swimming Stage 5 or above or the equivalent.
In order to join our programme you will be expected to participate in the following skills listed below.
1. Lane swimming in chain formation using pace clock.
2. Develop stroke ability to :-
a) hold legal technique on all strokes over 25/50m
b) carry out effective legal turns on all strokes and Individual Medleys
c) achieve the competitive start award
d) demonstrate effective starts, transitions and finishes
e) establish stamina based on 200/400m Freestyle and/or 100/200m Individual Medley
f) stroke count
3. Understand the concept of training sets and be able to carry out aerobic sets
4. Reinforce aquatic skills such as :- sculling, streamlining, aquatic breathing, etc
5. Introduction to competitive swimming – teams and individual events
For any further information please contact Paul Storey (Head Coach) using the Contact Us page.